Intact Role Play - 213.229.77.97:5700
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
New forum for Intact Role Play - 213.229.77.97:5700

EMT/Paramedic Handbook

Go down 
AuthorMessage

EMT/Paramedic Handbook Empty
PostSubject: EMT/Paramedic Handbook   EMT/Paramedic Handbook EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:05 pm

Hello and welcome to the EMT/Paramedic Handbook!

Before applying to become one of us, you will need to know the basics.

Chapter(s)

1. Tools you should use.

2. Preform CPR

3. Bullet Wounds

4. Broken Bones

5. Deep Cuts

6. Drug Overdose

7. Radio Code (( /r ))

Scroll down to continue

Last edited by Julio Alverez on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EMT/Paramedic Handbook   EMT/Paramedic Handbook EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:10 pm

Chapter 1

Tools you should use,

Syringe - Useful tool.

Forceps - Usually for removing bullets.

Stretcher - To Transport a person to Ambulance or Hospital.

Oxygen mask - Equip the patient with this in case of bad breathing behavior.

ALS - Advanced Life Saver's Kit. Contains advanced medical equipment. Such as a bone-brace.

BLS - Basic Life Saver's Kit. Contains all the basic equipment.

There are more! But these are the important ones!

Last edited by Julio Alverez on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EMT/Paramedic Handbook   EMT/Paramedic Handbook EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:15 pm

Chapter 2
How to preform a CPR?

Easy! There are two ways to do CPR.

CPR can be used to get a patient to resume breathing or to restart a non-beating heart.
First of all, check the victim's airway,
A =Airway -1
B =Breathing -2
C =Compressions -30

1. If the victim is laying down or had fallen over, give five abdominal thrusts with the palm of your hand from below.

2. If the victim is standing, stand behind them. Wrap your arms under their arms and around their waist. Form a fist with one hand, and place your thumb towards the victim. Grab the fist with your other hand and place your fist just above their belly button. Perform five upwards thrusts into the abdomen, each thrust strong enough to dislodge the foreign body. You are creating an artificial cough. Remain holding the victim as the victim will likely pass out in the event that the Heimlich Maneuver is ineffective. Repeat until foreign body is expelled. Be careful not to place your fist on the ribcage. This could break a rib and cause the rib to impale an organ.

Last edited by Julio Alverez on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EMT/Paramedic Handbook   EMT/Paramedic Handbook EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Chapter 3
D*mn! I'm shot! Not.

Okay, First of all, get the victim on the Stretcher, and take the stretcher into the ambulance.

A bullet wound is a simple way of describing a puncture wound.

-Apply a local anesthetic

-If the bullet is deep, inject Novocaine with a syringe.

-Remove the bullet using forceps

-Dispose of bullet and syringe in the bio-hazard bin located on the center of the wall on the passenger side of the ambulance.

-Apply body glue to the wound.

-Wrap the wound in gauze

And your all done!

(( Try to use /me and /do while doing this ))

Last edited by Julio Alverez on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EMT/Paramedic Handbook   EMT/Paramedic Handbook EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:19 pm

Chapter 4
Someone fell of a cliff? Someone fell down the stairs? Broken bones?

You arrive and don't know what to do?

Well this guide will teach you!

Any type of fracture or crack in a bone.

-Numb the area with Novocaine (if multiple fractures, substitute proper dosage of morphine).

-Reposition the bone.

-Apply a splint or a brace. A brace is recommended!

-Wrap in field dressings for large bones, gauze or small bones.

Your all done!

(( Try to use /me when doing this .. try to do /do too!))

Last edited by Julio Alverez on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EMT/Paramedic Handbook   EMT/Paramedic Handbook EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:21 pm

Chapter 5
Ouch! A glass went into my arm and I don't know what to do! The paramedic doesn't know either!!!

If your the Paramedic up in that story, And don't want to.. Just follow these instructions and you will be a Life Saver!!

Whether it's from a knife or glass, it's deep.

-Apply a local anesthetic.

-Move the skin back into place and close it as much as possible.

-Suture the wound with a curved needle and stitches.

-Wrap the wound in gauze.

And your good to go!

(( Try to use /me and /do when doing this ))

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EMT/Paramedic Handbook   EMT/Paramedic Handbook EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:22 pm

Chapter 6
Oh my god! I did to many crack!
** Passes out **

Whether they're out cold or seizing and foaming at the mouth, they're OD-ing.

-Secure the patient to the stretcher.

-Get a large syringe (the ones in the second drawer from the top, right most side on the passenger's side, needle should be a few inches long).

-Fill the syringe with the proper amount of adrenaline (you can find this on the shelf under the Novocaine in the cooler).

-Quickly and firmly inject the syringe between the ribs and directly into the heart administering the adrenaline.

-The victim should wake up instantly.

-If the victim does not wake up instantly, get a regular sized syringe and administer the proper amount of the right neutralizing serum (located next to the adrenaline <frisk the patient to find what substance caused the overdose>).

-Do not remove the securing straps from the victim until they are fully conscious and calm.

-Check for dilation of the pupils and wait for the patient to return to a fully stable state.

-Inform the patient that over the next 24 hours their body will go through a detoxification making them feel ill, you may admit them into the detox ward at All Saints General Hospital (3rd floor) or the rehabilitation clinic (also on 3rd floor).

And your good to go!
(( Try to use /me and /do when doing this ))

Last edited by Julio Alverez on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EMT/Paramedic Handbook   EMT/Paramedic Handbook EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:25 pm

Chapter 7
Now! The Important thing, Radio Codes...

Just click your radio, and say the code to inform others.

10-1 = Broadcast to all units (e.g. “Riot at LSPD”)
10-2 = On my way
10-3 = Available for dispatch, on patrol
10-4 = Roger, I understood
10-5 = Out of service for short time (i.e. Busy, Refueling,etc.)
10-7 = Arrived at scene
10-8 = Busy but available
10-9 = Assistance needed, [Location] (( /r 10-9 Bank ))
10-10 = URGENT ASSISTANCE, NEED POLICE BACKUP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EMT/Paramedic Handbook   EMT/Paramedic Handbook Empty

Back to top Go down

EMT/Paramedic Handbook
Page 1 of 1